Saturday, February 12, 2011

Sickly On A Saturday....

I haven't been feeling well since later yesterday afternoon. Seems I have taken on a really bad cold and a painful cough. Sadly, I have given it to the boys or them to me. Joe so far is the only one immune to this cold (lucky daddy). On top of that my dad was in the hospital all day yesterday for kidney stones and came home today. Needless to say the big DATE NIGHT with Joe that I was so excited about yesterday morning had to be postponed. Sometimes life just happens and all you can do is go with the flow.

Today has consisted mostly of laying around although we did go on a small grocery run this morning and Joe and Andrew got much needed haircuts. Other than that we have been home and mostly laying around and quickly going through Vicks scented kleenex. Tonight the boys and I were pretty lethargic. When Caden is laying around being still and quiet...you KNOW he feels bad! That boy never slows down. I don't think there is anything more pitiful than sick babies.

We attempted to watch the CATS loose another away game...although I slept the entire 2nd half. At least I didn't have to watch Vandy celebrate as if they won the SEC or NCAA tournament simply cause they beat UK. WHEW...


After dinner tonight the boys had everlasting runny noses and just felt puny. So....in hopes of putting a few cute smiles back on these little guy's faces, we did a nice warm bubble bath (complete with a sauna temperatured bathroom). As expected...there were smiles all around!








Bath time was followed by watching their new favorite movie and new favorite cereal. Oh and afterwards we had to fit in some SPROUT or else it's not a normal night at our house.






Now it's almost bedtime for the kiddos and Joe and I are having our date night right here at home with snacks and rented movies. HEY...you learn to improvise when you have kids. Sometimes being home and making your own date is just as special as going out.

Goodnight friends! XOXO

No comments:

Post a Comment