Wednesday, February 23, 2011

A New Routine

Tonight started our Love Dare class. I can already tell it's going to be a great experience. I am so excited about it! I am also happy to report that my boys LOVED church. We've had them in church several times but not recently. I've been trying to prepare them to go and they have been reluctant to say the least. All day today they were rebelling and saying they didn't want to go to church. Not because they don't like church but because they wouldn't be able to "see me". They are with me 24/7 so they are VERY dependent on me. I want them to have some independence and have friends besides each other. I would give ANYTHING if Joe and I had friends with children!

I was totally shocked tonight when my mom took the boys to music class and they ran right in and began to play. They didn't even care that she left. I was relieved but also sad that they hadn't wanted me. I make no sense do I? I want my boys to be independent and when they are I want them to depend on me. I think that is just part of being a mom and watching your little children grow up.

When our class was over, we went to pick up the boys. They were having an amazing time!! Their class had 18 other children in there! Talking about meeting new friends! They were in their element: play-doh, crayons, bowling, music, snacks....heaven for 3 and 4 year old boys! When we told them we were leaving, Caden broke down in sobs. He wanted so badly to stay and play. I am simply over the moon that they all LOVED church so much! Joe and I are finally in a place where we can get to church on Sunday's and Wednesday evenings. I am grateful for that and looking forward to seeing God work in my marriage and in our life as a family.

And again, if anyone is still interested in Love Dare it's not too late! We are only 3 couples strong so there is plenty of room for more!!!

1 comment:

  1. That is awesome. I am so happy to hear the boys loved church. Walker loves going to church too and I think the play-doh doesn't hurt:).

    ReplyDelete