Thursday, February 3, 2011

Here Goes Nothing......

Well......being that several of my friends have blogs that I read religiously EVERY day...I have become inspired to do one as well. I am not sure if I have the wisdom to pass on that they do or that I can see things with the humor they see things but I am going to just be me and see how it goes. I tried to start a blog while my hubby was gone but life got so hectic raising 3 boys alone that I wasn't able to stay with it so this is my 2nd attempt.

For those of you that know me well, you know that I have been married to my husband Joe for 6 years this November and we have 3 wild but loving little boys: Landon Joseph and Andrew Thomas (our twins) who recently turned 4 and our youngest Caden Anthony who will be 3 this Saturday. Last April through November my husband was deployed to Balad, Iraq with the Kentucky Army National Guard. I can easily say that those months were the hardest of my entire life. I had heard stories of families facing deployment, but as it is with so many other situations in life, you don't know the true impact until you are facing it. I found out fast how strong I was and how strong you become when you are left with no choice and when you are being strong for your children. I am thankful for the parents I have because without their love and support and help I am not sure how I would have managed it alone.

Other than my wedding day and the days my boys were born....seeing Joe step off that plane and knowing that he was safe and HOME was one of the best days of my life and a moment I will never forget. It was surreal and like nothing I have ever known. I learned alot about myself while Joe was gone and we also learned so much about each other. We had had some rough patches before his deployment and in some ways his deployment was good for us. I know that sounds horrible but it made us see things in a whole new light. When you communicate by emails and on Skype you tend to have some pretty deep conversations while you are a world apart and one of you is facing death everyday. During these intense conversations we saw one another in a whole new light and that was a really good thing. We have really come a long way and I am proud of that and proud of the fact that when times got hard we didn't throw in the towel like so many couples do today but instead we weathered the storms and worked things out. It was the best decision we made!

I am sure throughout my blog I'll talk about life before the boys and life trying to have the boys and just trying to get through this life with sanity but all in due time. I have a lot of "life" to tell and it would sure take a long time to do it all at once. Guess you will just have to stay tuned....LOL

Those of you who take the time to read/follow my blog...thank you. I am just gonna try and write about a day in the life of a housewife and how life goes with a "Party Of Five". I'm not sure if I'll be inspiring but I am sure with the stunts my boys pull I will make you smile! Until Next Time.......

2 comments:

  1. So so so excited that you have started a blog. Not only will it provide a journal for your family for years to come, it will provide insight and inspiration for the rest of us. XO

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good entry so far! Blog about those boys and being a mommy and be religious to it, and it's a great keepsake!

    awesome job. I'm your newest follower!

    ReplyDelete