Sunday, February 27, 2011

DATE DAY












Joe and I had our date day today.

This past Thursday marked the year date of Joe loosing his mother. Since Joe was deployed so soon afterwards, we made it a special point to visit Joyce's grave site today when we went to Louisville. It was sprinkling we when arrived but stopped the second we got out of the car to go to the grave. The moment we were back in the car to leave, the heavens opened and it POURED! Thanks "Mom" for keeping us dry long enough to share a visit with you. We love you and you are very missed!


We used our gift card from Christmas to O'Charley's for an early dinner. We got to take our time and eat and talk and laugh without interruption. Well almost without interruption. We had the LOUDEST waiter EVER. And it would seem that every time we go out for our date day we get seated by someone with a noisy kid. Go figure! Even so we had a great dinner. The food was sooo wonderful. We devoured the appetizer sampler in a matter of minutes! Potato skins, chicken tenders and fried pepper jack cheese....YUM! Our dinner was just as yummy.


After we finished dinner we headed to check out a book sale and naturally I was in my happy place. A quiet bookstore that was having a HUGE sale. That's my element!

After sometime of browsing books on sale I found my treasure on sale for under 7 dollars. I so love a bargain! Now I just need more quiet time to read it!


My wonderful hubby once again surprised me with a trip to Starbucks for another caramel latte. That makes 2 days in a row. I could truly get used to that. Needless to say I am over the moon about getting a Starbucks in the new Kroger! I'm slightly addicted. Funny thing is that I NEVER drank ANY coffee products until Joe came home from Iraq and I tried a Caramel Brulee Latte with him and ever since I have been seriously addicted to them! Is there a SA (Starbucks Anonymous). If so, sign me up! They say the first step is admitting there is a problem...I admit, I can't resist Starbucks. To prove my point, I called a Starbucks store to see if they were open on Thanksgiving so that on the way to Joe's sister's for Thanksgiving dinner I could pick up a Starbucks! Now that is addiction to the fullest!


Next, it was on to browse the aisles of Blue Light Specials at the local Kmart store.

I must admit....there are some dang good finds if you really look! I can't wait to go back. I fell in love with a Bistro set and I am determined to get it for my deck! It was total love at first sight! Oh and did I mention that Kmart does Lay-A-Way??!! Cue the Hallelujah chorus!

I can just picture Joe and I sitting at this bistro table every morning with our Starbucks (did I mention I have a slight addiction to Starbucks Caramel Lattes?) and watching our boys play in the backyard. I MUST have it!!!

We drove home in a thunderstorm. How grand it was to be in the midst of a thunderstorm. I LOVE thunderstorms. They are so calming and majestic. GOD creates such amazing wonders. I am hoping beyond hope that these thunderstorms are a sign that spring has sprung!


We arrived to pick up the boys and they were so excited to see us and tell us about all the fun they had with NaNa and PawPaw. They were worn out and it wasn't hard to get them to bed tonight. They even went by 8pm! Joe and I have continued out date day watching The Patriot on TV and sharing Hershey Kisses.

I am thankful for this day. It was so relaxing! I feel recharged and ready to face the week head on!


HAPPY END OF THE WEEKEND EVERYONE! HOPE IT WAS ENJOYABLE FOR ALL!

No comments:

Post a Comment