Monday, March 14, 2011

SuNnY sKyS



This was a GREAT weekend in every single way! The weather was grand and the moments were priceless!

It all started Friday when my mom and I hit the Lots For Tots sale at the Shelby Co. Fairgrounds. I had hit the jackpot!!! I got TONS of clothes for the boys and lots of other fun goodies! Here are some of our finds.....








Saturday we had a GREAT time with our friends Clint & Kelly. They had us come out for a cookout/bon fire. It was such a fun FUN time! We had wagon rides, great food, mud puddles, smores, and so much more! The boys LOVED Clint's dogs Lila and Tiny. They played fetch, ran through the creek..they were adorable! It was just a fantastic time! See for yourself!

























We are so thankful for our friendship with Clint and Kelly!!! They are an amazing pair!

Sunday we had totally forgotten about the time change so we missed church. We took a small trip to our local Lowes and got some goodies for yard work. We watched the SEC Tournament game and I am ESTATIC TO SAY: UK WILDCATS ARE THE 2011 SEC CHAMPS! It was a great game, great tournament! I am so proud of my CATS!!!!





After the game we headed outside. It was GORGEOUS and we all enjoyed being outside for the biggest part of the day! Joe and I got our backyard flower beds cleaned out and prepped for spring flowers to be planted later this spring. We got our back yard cleaned up. It was a very productive day!



As great as our weekend was....it's not easy to forget about the devastation in Japan. I heard just this morning on the today show that in a village of 17,000; 10,000 have perished. An entire town and those who lived there are gone now. I can not really comprehend this. I see the images and videos on the news and it's so hard to understand it. They are still having aftershocks, over 1000 now. Their nuclear power plants are being destroyed. It is totally heartbreaking. To see those left behind searching through debri and yelling for loved ones they have lost. Rescuers so overwhelmed they have trouble finding where to start searching or clearing debri. The magnitude of such devastation is mind blowing. Those in Japan are going to need our prayers and support for a very long time. I don't even see how you rebuild and move forward from something so severe as what those in Japan have endured. I wish I could do more to help.....











1 comment:

  1. I think Walker would go crazy if he had a Thomas bed like the boys - those are awesome! I went to the sale too (prob after you) and found a few cute things as well. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete