Tuesday, April 17, 2012

What We've Been Up Too

It's been a little busy around here.  Hard to believe huh?  :-)

We had a mostly great weekend.  There were a few glitches but overall it was FANTASTIC!!!

We got an early start Saturday morning and took the boys to Lowe's for Build and Grow.  It's one of our new favorite family outings!  Who wouldn't love to go to Lowe's and build something...for free??!!  The boys totally love it...it's great time for us as a family and they learn so much too.  Not to mention they get adorable little aprons and a patch for each activity that you can iron onto the apron.  It's fab!  
The boys ready to build PLINKCO games!

Daddy lending a helping hand.

Uncle Bubby came too!


It was Joe's birthday weekend so my brother took Joe on his first turkey hunt.  They headed out around 1pm Saturday afternoon.  My cell phone rang at 2pm ....it was my hubby....totally out of breath, stuttering and totally unable to get out a sentence that I could understand.  The wife in me feared the worst....someone had gotten hurt.  Boy was I wrong....sorta.  Someone did get hurt...the poor turkey...well 2 turkeys actually.  One his VERY FIRST EVER hunting trip....IN THE VERY FIRST HOUR of the hunt....my hubby, the soldier....got his VERY FIRST turkey!!!!!  He was so proud and so excited!  In true bromance fashion....my brother got one too!  These guys were PUMPED to say the least!  We headed to pick them up and they were both high fiving, shaking and hardly able to speak.  Apparently these things just don't happen on someone's first ever hunting trip and on the VERY FIRST DAY OF TURKEY SEASON to boot.  That's my baby!
Proud Hunters!

My man's first ever turkey!

He's got skillz!  :-)

Coming out of the woods.

The men in my life
LOOKS LIKE I BETTER MAKE ROOM FOR A STUFFED TURKEY IN MY HOUSE.....even though I am not sure how that will fit in with my decor!  LOL

And naturally...we had to show off the kills!
Showing the neighbors

Telling about the hunt

more neighbors stopping by

Sunday we had a great early morning service at church.  I can't say enough about how wonderful early service is at First Baptist Church.  It is always so uplifting and so moving.  God is truly at work in our church and it's wonderful!  I love worshiping!  There is nothing like singing with your hands raised high praising the one who gives us life!  How thankful I am for His love!
After church...we loaded up riding toys, a cooler of food and drinks, blankets and camp chairs and headed to General Butler State Park...just the 5 of us.  It was PERFECT!  The day was GORGEOUS!  The sun was shining.  We had some much needed quality time as a family.  We had a picnic...playtime at the playground...took a gorgeous hike.....and even went fishing AND shell hunting. Followed by ice cream treats at Sonic.  It was a MAGICAL day!
Our Greatest Creations

FUNNY FACES!

The gorgeous trail we hiked...God's stunning handiwork.

Fishing with Daddy

Caden was so proud of finding the biggest shell!

Andrew hunting for shells

Landon picked yellow (my fav color) flowers for mommy all by himself!

Daddy and Caden fishing

Landon loves to fish

Daddy and Andrew fishing
Nothing like a beautiful day in the country!
Saw this.......

Then came upon this.  The boys thought it was awesome and now want to be Amish!  LOL




This week Joe has been off from work.  It's been so great to have him home.  I could have done without being sick so far all week...thank you Ohio valley allergies.....but it's been great nonetheless.  I hate that he has to leave for Guard Thursday and won't be back til Sunday night but that is the way it works.  He does what he has to do and I am SUPER proud of him!  I am glad he has gotten to have a great birthday! I can still remember the first of his birthday's we shared....2003....so long ago now!  We have come so far.....now 9 years and 3 boys later I love him even more than I ever thought possible!  HAPPY BIRTHDAY BABY!  THANK YOU FOR BEING MY EVERYTHING!
2003 at the hotel party I threw for Joe.  We had only been dating a month then! 


That brings me to tonight.  We had kindergarten registration for the twins.  I still am pinching myself.  I can't believe my little miracles are going to be heading to kindergarten in a few short months. I am so excited for this time of their lives but I am heartbroken too.  My days of being home with them all day and never being apart are over.  It's the end of a very special era for me.  I have been a stay at home mom since my pregnancy with them.  I have been there every second of every minute of every day.  It's not going to be easy to let them go.  It's not going to be easy to put their care and well-being into someone else's hands.  It's just not easy to see your babies grow up.  I am not ashamed to admit that I will be a tearful mess come August when I leave them at school.  It will be harder on me I am sure.  I just so hate to see these wonderful days coming to an end.  I am so blessed to have been able to be a stay at home mom. I've never had to miss anything and for that I will be forever grateful.  My husband has made that possible for me.  One of the many dreams that he made a reality for me. 





These guys are my world....my everything!







I must admit it's comforting as well knowing that I am not alone.  I have several great friends whose children will be starting kindergarten right along with us.  I know we will all be a great support to each other as well.
CHRISTY HOLT AND JOSHUA (HE WAS IN THE NICU WITH THE TWINS AND THEY WILL NOW BE STARTING KINDERGARTEN TOGETHER AT THE SAME SCHOOL!
ANNETTE SCHWEITZER AND NOLAN - ANNETTE AND I HAVE BEEN FRIENDS SINCE GRADE SCHOOL - NOW WE EACH HAVE 3 BOYS WHO ARE GROWING UP TOGETHER TOO!

AMY BELL AND OLIVIA - AMY IS ANNETTE'S OLDEST SISTER

ANGIE BELL AND ALLEE - ANGIE IS ANNETTE'S OTHER OLDER SISTER - HARD TO BELIEVE WE ALL HAVE KIDS STARTING KINDERGARTEN TOGETHER!


 I have no doubts we will all be huddled up outside with our Kleenex on the first day of school....

Myself personally...I will be the second picture both times!  LOL

No comments:

Post a Comment