Thursday, February 16, 2012

THE ULTIMATE PINTEREST 4D EXPERIENCE

As I have mentioned....I am totally addicted to Pinterest.  I have gotten the most amazing ideas and best tasting recipes and so much more! It's just fabulous!

In early January, I asked Caden what kind of birthday party he wanted to have.  He named the normal things....CARS, BUZZ AND WOODY, SPIDER MAN, etc.  A few days later, while grocery shopping at Wal-mart, I took Caden down the "birthday aisle" to pick out a theme for his party. He surprised me when he picked out this brightly striped rainbow pattern of plates, napkins and table clothes. I thought....OH HOW FUN!  It was different and colorful and just plain fun!  So I thought to myself "self we can do this....we will have a rainbow party!".

I began checking out things on Pinterest and was AMAZED at the cool rainbow theme ideas I found.  Things I could do at home for pennies on the dollar.  It was then I decided to add the "sweets" part of the party.  There are SO MANY candies and sweets that come in colors....twizzlers, nerds, mike & ikes, gummi bears and so much more!  All of these things can be purchased at the Dollar Tree.  Does it get any better than that?!

I collected "rainbow" things for a FULL MONTH!  I had notes all over the house for things I wanted to do or accomplish at the party.  I was on full rainbow OVERLOAD!  I felt a little like this......
I must give a shot out to my now ex sis in law for all of her help in planning and making this party a reality!  I had the concept and ideas and she helped me to make them come to life!  I honestly could NEVER have pulled it off so well without her help!  And the cake she made.....There are just no words!

Also a HUGE thank you to Brittany Douglas and her wonderful hubby for renting us the BEST EVER party space for the BEST EVER price!  It was WONDERFUL!

So on Feb 11, 2012 the RAINBOW SWEETS party came to life and it was A-M-A-Z-I-N-G...if I do say so my self!  As a great friend told me after the party...."IT WAS THE ULTIMATE 4D EXPERIENCE!".

It all began with invitations brought to life by ideas on Pinterest.....


After numerous shopping trips to Wal-Mart, Goodwill, Dollar Tree and more.....the party prep looked something like this...









Two nights before the party I stayed with Amber while she made a trial cake and we made snacks for the party (peanut butter balls!) as well as put together treat boxes and filled the pinata....

The night before the party I was up way late and spent 3 hours making chocolate rainbow sprinkled pretzels and candied popcorn......I could not have finished without my hubby's help...I was ready to kill over!

The next morning I was up early, loading up the car with all the party stuff while trying not to fall on the ice and snow.  We don't have a winter and it snows and gets cold on our party day....JUST MY LUCK!
Amber, who had worked all night, was there to help mom and I decorate and get things put together.  It literally took 4 1/2 hours!  But it came together like a dream!!! I could have never gotten everything decorated with mom and Amber...they are machines!

Remember these?

I turned them into this......


And remember these? Garden pinwheels in rainbow colors I bought for $1 each at Dollar Tree.

Well I turned those into this....

SO WITHOUT FURTHER ADO, HERE IS THE RAINBOW SWEETS PARTY

(Yes I made that banner all by myself!....The fumes from the sharpy I used are still making me dizzy!)

THE ENTRANCE!!!


FOOD TABLES.....

THE GUESTS.........



THE CAKE!!!!!!


THE CAKE MAKER! 

THE KIDS!

THE PINATA GAME!!!





ENTERTAINMENT - "BROWNIE" COURTESY OF AUNTIE MARILYN

THE TREAT TABLE....GOODY BOXES FOR ALL THE KIDDOS
PRESENTS!

KIDDIE CANDIDS!
 



PARTY FOUL......OUCH!!!!
Andrew ran head first into a table when he tripped running from his cousin.  Luckily he was ok and no trip to the hospital was required.






HAPPY 4TH BIRTHDAY CADEN!!!!

I CAN'T BELIEVE MY BABY BOY IS 4 YEARS OLD!!  I LOVE YOU DEARLY SWEET BOY!



1 comment:

  1. OMG this is the cutest party ever! you did an amazing job! I love it! happy bday to your sweet boy!

    ReplyDelete