Friday, February 17, 2012

My Old Green Chair

When my MeMe (my dad's mom) passed away 6 years ago, I was given her green chair. 
This is one of my few prized possessions....simply because it belonged to my MeMe....the grandmother of all grandmothers...the woman who inspired me and loved me and was by far the most amazing woman I have EVER met.  This chair has held my up while I held my crying and sleeping babies.  This chair has kept me comfy while I have read books.  This chair has been loved by 6 kiddos in this house.  This chair helped me get on my feet after surgery.  I LOVE this chair!  It's a constant reminder of my MeMe as well. 

This chair has been loved so much.  It's worn and beat up and in need of some TLC.

I have been thinking for sometime of recovering this chair.  Yet I had no idea which direction I wanted to go.  I could not decide what the main purpose of my chair would be. 

That was until I went into Making Ends Meet a few weeks ago with my mom.  There in the shop sat a chair...just like my old green chair .....it had been reupholstered and was AMAZING!  It was right then and there that I knew that was to be the future of my new chair.  IT WAS GOING TO BE MY CRAFT CHAIR!  And I wanted to upholster it pretty much like the chair I was looking at in Making Ends Meet!

My MeMe LOVED to do crafts and quilting and knitting and such.  She was AMAZING to say the very least.  Some of my fondest memories were making crafts with her.  We made all sorts of wonderful home decor.  She even had a few shops in her lifetime where she sold the beautiful things she made.  She could do it all!  I like to think I get my crafting skills from her.....even though they are not nearly as wonderful as hers were!  None the less....she taught me all I know. 

What an awesome tribute it would be to make her old green chair my new craft chair.  There would be no better chair to sit in while I do my crafting.  A perfect place for that chair.

So...as soon as I can get it all together and find someone who can upholster the chair the way I want and at a price I can afford.......I hope this will be an idea of what my old green chair will soon become.....I know my MeMe would LOVE it!









1 comment:

  1. Oh how cute is that chair... I love it! I know the prisons upholster for cheap. yes the prisons and jails...

    ReplyDelete