Monday, January 9, 2012

WEEKEND IN REVIEW

Another beautiful weekend!  I am in shock that it has been so sunny and warm....IN JANUARY!

Saturday morning I made breakfast of homemade biscuits, scrambled eggs and bacon. Minus the second degree burn on my arm it was great! I have been making homemade biscuits for a while now.  It was something passed down in my family.  My MeMe probably made well over 5000 biscuits in her lifetime.  I can remember her calling me and saying "Krystal Masha I made some biscuits.  You better come see your MeMe and get some biscuits." She knew how very much I LOVED her homemade biscuits.  It's just one of the many things I have missed since loosing her.  She was extraordinary...to put it mildly.  I have tried to duplicate her recipe to no avail - I don't think it can be done.  Only by her!  However, I have gotten pretty good at my own and I am happy I can make homemade biscuits for my family now as well.  At Christmas, my parents gave me a special gift.  I had been asking for a biscuit cutter for a while.  You know how there is something small you want or need that you just never buy yourself....that was how it was with a biscuit cutter for me.  On Christmas morning I opened a small gift that included a biscuit cutter that looked well worn and a note from my parents.  I had been given my MeMe's biscuit cutter.  The one she had lovingly made biscuits from for years and years.  I couldn't help myself. I totally broke down and not just a little bit.  Nothing could have meant more to me.  I will treasure it always.




After breakfast I spent a little time on pinterest.....I AM OBSESSED! Then we packed up some snacks, bikes and kids and headed to Clear Creek Elementary for some much needed family time outdoors! The kids played on the playground, rode their bikes and ran around.  Aaron and Joe played some basketball.  I sat ALONE on a picnic table away from everyone and read and wrote in my journal (Ahhhhhh me time!).  Then we all took off on a hike.  We found a HUGE creek and went walking along beside it.  The boys got to throw rocks and sticks.  We followed deer tracks and picked up feathers and other unique finds. Joe fell and reached out and grabbed the first thing he could....ended up being a thorn bush.  The result wasn't pretty.  All in all though....it was a great time! That is one thing about our family....we LOVE being outdoors!


Saturday evening Aaron wanted to watch WAR AND PEACE.  None of us have ever seen it and I have the one starring Audrey Hepburn.  WOW...it was LOOOOONG and needless to say won't be something I will ever have the desire to watch...EVER AGAIN! The only thing that came from watching that was to be able to say I have seen the movie! 



Sunday was church.  We missed early service but made it (barely) to the 11:00am service.  As always it was great!  Nothing better than being at church. 
Aaron brought Kayleigh and Eli back home for a few days unexpectedly and it was great to see them.  We basically laid around and did a bunch of nothing but it was still nice.  We got involved in the Steelers and Broncos game.  I LOVE my Packers and Bengals but I LOVE me some Tebow too!  Such a great guy and PROUD Christian!  The game was GREAT!  SUPER EXCITING!  Tebow pulled out an amazing win...amazing what you can accomplish with GOD on your side!  CONGRATS BRONCOS and TIM TEBOW!








So that is my weekend recap.  How did you spend your wonderful weekend?


Funny thing....while I was sitting her working on my blog, my mom was sitting beside me watching the TODAY show.  They were talking about their weekends. Kathy Lee was talking about a book she read over the weekend .....ONE THOUSAND GIFTS.  The same book I am reading now.  She said what I have heard others say....the book will transform your life.  I have not gotten very far into but already it is the most powerful book I have ever read.  I strongly suggest you read it!

BE EXTRAORDINARY

My fame was not hidden from You when I was being formed in secret (and) intricately and curiously wrought (as if embroidered with various colors) in the depths of the earth (a region of darkness and mystery). ~ Psalm 139:15

Celebrate the fact that you're not exactly like everyone else.  You are special!  You are unique! You are the product of twenty-three chromosomes from your father and twenty-three from your mother. Scientists say there is only once chance in 10/2,000,000,000 of your parents having another child just like you. The combination of attributes that you have cannot be duplicated.  You need to explore the development of your uniqueness and make it a matter of high priority.

It does not increase your value when you find that you can do something that nobody else you know can do, nor does it diminish your value when you are with people who can do things that you cannot do. Our worth is not found in being different or the same as others, it is found in God.

Thousands of years ago the Greek philosopher Aristotle suggested that each human being is bred with a unique set of potentials that yearn to be fulfilled.  Don't settle for "average" or "getting by".  You may have some limitations, but you can be extraordinary if you decide to be.

TODAY'S PRAYER:
LORD, IT'S A JOY TO KNOW THAT MY OWN WORTH IS FOUND IN YOU AND THAT I DON'T HAVE TO COMPARE MYSELF WITH OTHERS. I CELEBRATE THE FACT THAT I AM UNIQUE, ONE OF A KIND, AND THAT YOU HAVE SOMETHING SPECIAL FOR MY LIFE. AMEN.

No comments:

Post a Comment