Tuesday, January 3, 2012

A New Year!

WOW!  I can't believe I haven't blogged since Nov 2!  Right after Halloween and now it's January 3 2012!
Time has flown right on by and life has been busy as ever....hence the lapse in my blogging.  My brother has had his kids a lot so there have been 9 of us here in our home a lot of the time.  I didn't have peace, quiet or energy to blog!  Also we have been busy with holiday festivities and family time.  I can't complain about that.  All 9 of us were home for somewhere around 14 days together after Christmas.  It was nice to have 2 extra helpers during the day.  A girl could get used to that!  Today is just me and my boys....pretty nice too!  We have had a BIG country breakfast this morning and just enjoying being the 4 of us again.  I have also started on a new journey with my faith.  I have rededicated my life to the LORD and I am officially dedicating 2012 to Him!  Time to get my life on track for me and for my family!  I will be putting devotionals at the end of my blogs each day.  I got a new devotional book by Joyce Meyer and I am SUPER excited about it!  I will catch you guys up today and we'll be on track for the rest of the  year to come! I am happy to be back and happy about the direction my life is taking!  GOD IS SO GOOD!

Here is a little of what we have been up too lately....
























































 There is still more stuff I don't even have uploaded yet!  Is it any wonder why I haven't had time to blog!!??

HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE!


HAD ENOUGH?
"And Peter answered Him, Lord, if it is You, command me to come to You on the water." Matthew 14:28

When I tell you to join Peter and get out of the boat, you may wonder what your boat is. Your boat may be a lot of different things. What is your place of comfort, safety and ease? It could be a place of misery, but yet, somehow or other, you've gotten comfortable in your own misery - so comfortable that you wouldn't do anything about it even if you could. You may have gotten addicted to dysfunction. The sad thing is that most people yield to the fear and remain stuck in life.

Maybe your boat consists of people whose approval you crave, who rule all of your decisions and who bind your life to their lives. If they approve of it, you do it, and if they don't like it, you don't. You may be so addicted to getting your approval from other people that you let everyone else run your life, and you're too afraid to confront them and stand up to them. Are you going to sit in your miserable little boat for the rest of your life and be unhappy? Or are you ready to say, "I've had enough of this! I am ready to step out with confidence and follow God fully!"

Today's Prayer:

Lord, I need to see You and hear Your voice over and above the storms in my life. Help me to break free of anything that is holding me back from doing Your will. Amen.

(The Confident Woman Devotional - Joyce Meyer)

1 comment:

  1. Wow...look at all the stuff we have done as a family in just a few months. How wonderful!!!

    ReplyDelete