Friday, January 6, 2012

LET THE JOURNEY BEGIN......





Well we are six days into a brand new year.  2012 is here! So hard to believe! I am and never have been one that tries to make New Year's Resolutions...just not my thing.  However, there are things that I want to improve upon, things I want to accomplish and things I want to become over the course of this year. I just don't think I would term them as New Year's Resolutions necessarily. Therefore, they are going to be

MY STEPS TO A BETTER ME




I've been thinking about my life in general more than usual lately and I have realized.....




WAIT FOR IT......




 
Hard to believe isn't it?  (Wink! Wink!)

Although I know that I can NEVER be PERFECT...one thing I know for sure is that I want to be BETTER!

I've been attending First Baptist Church lately.  I seem to be there every time the doors are open.  I rededicated my life to Christ a few weeks ago.  I have volunteered and gotten involved.  I have felt GOD working in my heart and soul and in my life.  I am seeing His work and His blessings everyday.  I can actually FEEL Him guiding me and pulling on my heart strings.  For the first time in a VERY LOOOOONG time, I am
LISTENING
AND
OBEYING!

I see the positive changes in myself every day.  I feel Christ in my heart all the time.  I feel at peace. I feel calm.  I feel JOY! It's AMAZING and it's all because I am following my LORD and Savior!  I am LIVING the life not just talking the talk!

I am reading ONE THOUSAND GIFTS by Ann Voskamp.  Soon I am going to be starting my list of One Thousand Gifts and I am VERY excited!  Our journals from MOPS were for this cause however I am also going to use my journal mark the steps I am making to become a better me.   A place I can make my accomplishments, discoveries, joys, sorrows, and everything in between.  I am beyond ready to start down this road and to become a better person: a better wife, mother, daughter, sister, friend and most importantly a better Christian. 

A year from now I will have my journal to read and to go back and see just how far I have come! 






Next Friday I will start back with my "Favorite's On Friday".  Hope everyone has a WONDERFUL weekend!







WITH GOD'S HELP

"For if you keep silent at this time, relief and deliverance shall arise for the Jews from elsewhere, but you and your father's house will perish. And who knows but that you have come to the kingdom for such a time as this and for this very occasion?" ~ Esther 4:14

One of the most confident women we find in the bible is Esther, who rescued her people from certain death at the hands of an evil and hateful man. Though her beauty didn't hurt, it was her character and quiet confidence that helped her find favor with the king, Xerxes. she took a great risk when she made her way to Xeres' inner court uninvited. But God honored her and the prayers that the other Jews were praying, and Xerxes receiver her warmly. In the end, Esther saved her people from perishing.

Confidence is holding on to a strong faith in God, a faith that is backed up with a complete knowledge and understanding that with god's help you can do anything. Fear brings a lack of confidence in God and in you. It is a destructive, debilitating belief that "you can't". As a woman, you can do amazing things, but you'll have to become confident. Replace your fears with confidence and watch what God can do. God always does His part, making seemingly impossible things possible!

Today's Prayer:
Lord, with Your help, Esther saved her people, and with Your help, I can do the impossible. I look forward to the great things You are going to do in my life. Amen.

The Confident Woman Devotional - Joyce Meyer

No comments:

Post a Comment