Friday, March 16, 2012

Time For The Weekend!


Well....believe it or not it's Friday again!  It's been a wild and busy week.  But a good week for the most part. I am so thankful for my health and my family.  I have witnessed a lot over the last week and it's made me even more thankful for what I have (and even what I don't have). I hope you all have a great weekend.  I will be serving our church and community Saturday at Touched Twice.  I am looking forward to helping and letting the Lord work through me. Here are the 5 things I love most this week:

1.  PROJECT 1189.  It was kicked off at our church on Sunday morning.  Everyday M-F from 10am-5pm someone will be in the sanctuary and we are reading through the bible.  It's amazing and a great way to praise Him.  There are 1189 chapters in the Bible, hence the name Project 1189.  This morning was my turn to read and I had signed up to read Psalm chapters 7-26.  It was a great experience to read to those who come to listen and most importantly to read to my Lord and Savior. 
Here are three important things we believe the Lord wants us to accomplish through PROJECT 1189:
  • Renew our dedication as a church to hearing and obeying the Word of God
  • Renew our commitment in our families to the Word of God
  • Renew our passion as individuals to the Word of God
I encourage you to come by and listen for yourself! 





2.  Tomorrow our church (Shelbyville First Baptist Church) will be hosting Touched Twice clinic.  It's a free medical clinic for members of our community.  There will be physicians and dentists on site to provide medical and dental care, a food and clothing pantry, a spa area and so much more.  All volunteers will be there to serve and witness to those in our community.   It's such a wonderful clinic and I happy to be a part of it this year.  You may or may not know that I was a medical assistant for 10 years before I was a mother.  God has blessed me during this clinic planning and I will be serving as a medical assistant at the clinic.  My career was not just a job to me.  I LOVED helping others and making a difference.  I am so thankful I get to use my skills, compassion and LOVE of Christ to care for others during Touched Twice!  Please pray for my church and all of the volunteers during our clinic.  Pray that we help others and in doing so lead them to Christ.  Pray for those who will be attending our clinic that they attend with open hearts and a hunger we can show them that Christ can fill!




3.  These little boys in this picture.  They living example of the love I share with my wonderful husband. They are by far our greatest creation and I am thankful for them every single day!

4.  Gorgeous Sunsets.



 5. I am so thankful for a special friend I have.  She is giving and kind.  Faithful and loving. ALWAYS there for me and especially loves my kids!  I am blessed to have this wonderful woman as my best friend. We have been through similar life experiences.  We have the same "favorites".  We laugh and talk and worship together.  She is truly one of a kind!






Happy Friday everyone!  Have a great weekend!!!!

1 comment:

  1. You brought tears to my eyes! Love ya soul Sista!!!

    ReplyDelete