Monday, March 19, 2012

I HAVE FOUR BROTHERS AND ONE SISTER

As most of you know, my family lives with my brother and his kids.  We moved in together in September.  All together there are 9 of us under one roof.  Yes 9 as in N-I-N-E.  It's pretty crazy sometimes but there is so much love between all of us that it truly outweighs the crazy.

My nephew Jake is in kindergarten.  He is the only kiddo in school this year.
Jake is my brother's step son.  Even though my brother is now divorced, he is a constant in Jake's life.  He is the only father Jake has really known.  They love each other as if they were father and son by blood.  It's amazing to see the bond they share.

My brother has 2 biological children as well...

KAYLEIGH GRACE:  The diva, princess, daddy's girl!  She is VERY independent (just like her Aunt Sissy!), she is sassy and girly and rough and tumble. She is loveable and sweet and a joy.  She's the only girl so we do tend to spoil her a little. ;-)  I didn't have a daughter of my own so I am blessed to have Kayleigh as my niece.

Then there is the baby of the family.  Little Eli.  He is such a HAPPY and JOYFUL baby.  So loving and fun.  I have enjoyed him tremendously.






Not long ago Jake started school here in Shelby County. His teacher was asking him about his family.  When Jake was asked if he had any brothers and sisters, he responded: I have a sister and 4 brothers. Sweet Jake considers his cousins his brothers.  His teacher shared that with my brother and when I heard I was so touched.  They have been around each other for close to 4 years and have essentially grown up together. I am sure in their heart and minds they truly are brothers!
Paw-Paw holding Landon and Jake May 2008
Andrew and Jake July 2008


Jake, Landon and Andrew in the laundry basket July 2008

Landon and Jake July 2008

All the kids Spring 2010



Jake and the boys June 2010


July 2010

July 2011





 fall 2011



2012



No comments:

Post a Comment