Sunday, April 17, 2011

OH WHAT A WEEKEND!


BOY OH BOY WERE WE BUSY THIS WEEKEND! I honestly feel like I have hardly sat down let alone not been busy or running here and there. However, it was that GREAT busy where there is lots to do and lots to enjoy! So...even though I am totally and I do mean that literally, exhausted, it was a great few days minus a few things anyway.



Joe was off for his birthday so he headed out early to do some fishing. Once he was back home we headed to Hometown Pizza with the boys to enjoy some all you can eat buffet AND kids are free (EVEN BETTER!). It was a great lunch and afterwards we headed to do some shopping at Walmart. On the way home Joe and I picked up some caramel lattes at Sixth and Main Coffee and took the boys for a ride through Lake Shelby to see if geese swim in the lake when it's raining. Naturally the boys wanted to see for themselves.
Friday evening I got a call that a family member was in the hospital so I spent my Friday night at the ER with my family. I ask that you please pray for this person and pray that they find light at the end of this tunnel they are in. I am so thankful God helped me find the right words to tell this person and I pray it will help to make a difference. I also pray that this person can find the true happiness that only GOD can offer.

I didn't get home until 3:30am on Saturday morning....thanks to Caden being up Friday night I had now been up 24 hours! Didn't know I still had it in me to do that! I am VERY impressed with myself!


After getting a approximate 6 hour power nap we were up again. It' was Joe's birthday! I made a HUGE country breakfast complete with sausage, bacon, eggs, biscuits and gravy aka heart attack on a plate! After breakfast the boys and I headed to Kroger and picked up a Pineapple Upside Down Cake (his favorite). We got home and set up the cake complete with trick candles. The boys blew out the candles before Joe could, well accept for those trick ones! LOL Then it was time for presents. We got Joe and new tackle box and some baits. The boys even got a recordable card for their daddy complete with a special message in their own voices! HOW COOL!






Saturday afternoon was all about wedding! My cousin Gentry's wedding that is! It was such a beautiful wedding! It more than made up for the gloomy skies outside. Gentry's glowing face was as bright as the sun! The wedding was held at Duncan Memorial Chapel. Simple, intimate and beautiful. From the gorgeous architecture of the chapel to the touch of blue hydrangeas and to the mason jars that held glowing candles...it was just, well, beautiful and oh so Gentry! Gentry looked stunning. From the moment the back doors opened for her debut to the moment she walked back down the aisle with her new husband, her happy tears flowed. I was so happy to see her so VERY happy. Not only are they now husband and wife but are soon to be parents as well. Their sweet baby is due Sept 11 of this year. I know they are going to have an amazing life together. The love and happiness between them radiated all over! I was so happy to be to witness such a joyous wedding. It's hard to believe that my baby cousin is now a wife and will soon be a mother. It never ceases to amaze me how fast time flies. How quickly we grow up. How wonderful GOD is that he gives us our lives to live.
Congratulations Gentry and Curtis (Mr and Mrs Faust)! May you live as long as you want and never want as long as you live! I LOVE YOU LAUREN GENTRY!






















Today was Palm Sunday. We went to church at First Baptist here in Shelbyville for a VERY special service. The choir did their Easter cantata which was a re-enactment of THE LAST SUPPER. It was so moving and powerful! I had never witnessed anything like it before! I could not stop the tears during this service. I hope to have video to add soon so you can watch too! My dad was one of the diciples and along with the others did an AMAZING job! As did the choir with the music! It was a wonderful service. We stayed for lunch afterwards which was great as well! GOD is working in my life and in my heart and I am so thankful and so excited. As we do yearly, Joe and I will be watching THE PASSION OF THE CHRIST this week to prepare for Easter. I challenge you to do the same. Give GOD a chance to work in your life as well. You'll never regret it!

1 comment:

  1. Gentry looks so gorgeous! Glad y'all had such an exciting weekend even if it was a wee bit busy:).

    ReplyDelete