Monday, May 7, 2012

WE'VE MOVED!!

Saturday was moving day!  I apologize I haven't been blogging!  It's been so busy lately with the move and all.  Luckily I had a week between when we got the keys and when we moved so for 8 hours a day the last week I would move things over from my brother's house to the new house.  I made 2 to 3 trips a day. I was E-X-H-A-U-S-T-E-D but in the end it was more than worth it!  I would move things over and immediately put them away where they belonged. No packing and unpacking.  Just loaded things into clothes baskets and took it to the house and put it away.  Brought small furniture pieces that would fit in the van.  I must admit that when our real moving day came...it was the easiest move EVER. We were done shortly after lunch time and it all went as smooth as silk.  I have to say a HUGE thank you to my brother and to the Holt family for helping us move! 

Rob helped out with the guys and the moving while Christy took care of the 8 kiddos. She was absolutely AMAZING with them. No wonder she was a preschool teacher before being a mother, it was obvious that was her calling!
Christy doing learning games outside with the kids while we packed the moving truck!





HERE ARE SOME GREAT PICS THAT CHRISTY TOOK WHILE SHE WAS TAKING ALL THE KIDS AROUND THE FARM.  You'll see my boys (Landon, Andrew and Caden), my brother's kiddos (Jake, Kayleigh and Eli) and Christy and Rob's boys (Joshua and Joseph).  These kids had such a great time!!














Unloading the dog kennel




Off roading in a uhaul ...YES WE DO!  LOL


Time to feed the cows!







I made it official that I am living on a farm and that I am really and truly a farm chick now!  I had Joe string me up a clothesline!  I can't tell you how wonderful it is! It saves money (who doesn't love that!), it keeps the house from getting so hot AND the clothes smell AMAZING!  I love looking out my kitchen window while washing dishes and seeing clothes blowing on the line. 




We have only lived here a few days and I can tell how wonderful it's going to be.  I love the simplicity and peacefulness that living on this farm brings.  Although we are only a few short miles from town, it feels lightyears away.  When you are outside the only sounds are birds, frogs and nature.  The air is clean and fresh.  Everywhere you can see is farmland and nature. Days pass slowly and the boys are finding enjoyment in the small things in life.  It reminds me of MeMe so much.  It's how I grew up and how she lived her life.  I had the windows open the other day and the curtains were blowing in the wind.  I was momentarily taken back to my childhood days when I would be visiting my MeMe in Mt Eden at her home.  She'd always have the windows open and the fresh air would blow the curtains and the house was so full of love and warmth.  When I had a moment like that here the other day....I was overcome with a sense of well-being and happiness.  Everything felt right in my world. 

Already I have shared our home with many friends and lots of children.  It's so fun to see all the kids run around and play on the farm.  It warms my heart.  I look forward to having family get-togethers here and to continue having our friends over to visit.  It's truly a little piece of heaven on earth.

God has truly blessed my family. I am so thankful for every moment of my life that he has used to get me to this place.  Every path, every mountain and every valley has brought me here.  Not just living on the farm but being here with my husband and our little boys.  I have never before felt so happy and complete. I have a wonderful family and amazing friends and now a new home.  My cup runneth over...

1 comment:

  1. Aw you are so sweet Krystal. It was our pleasure to help and we are always here if you need us :)

    ReplyDelete