Wednesday, May 2, 2012

NINE MONTHS AGO THIS WEEK

After 4 days of moving things out of my brother's house, I sit here reflecting on the last nine months. As excited as I am to be moving to the farm, it's bittersweet for me.  My brother's house has been our home for 9 months.  I have spent nearly everyday at this house with my niece and 2 nephews along with my brother.  This house has been full of laughter, tears, fighting, giggling, playing, and so much more.  Although to most it was probably scary chaotic....to us...it was home...it was our life.....all 9 of us. 



I will be the first to admit that at times it could be....well.....to put it nicely, a bit overwhelming.  But at the same time...there was such much love and fun in this house.  It was our normal.  There is no way that I can say I won't miss it.  That would be a lie.  I LOVE my family.  My brother is my best friend (whether he believes me or not) and my niece and nephews...they have my heart nearly as much as my own children. 



It's true, I have been riding a HUGE high about moving to the farm. I am naturally excited and a large part of me is excited to have my family of 5 together.  But don't let my excitement fool you.  I am also sad.  Overall, it was a great experience living here with my brother and his kids.  It was fun and there was NEVER a dull moment.  You always had companionship (even when you didn't want it) and there was always something going on. 


I am going to miss waking up to Eli yelling "SISSY!" and running to great me downstairs.  I am going to miss Kayleigh yelling at NaNa in the mornings when she wakes up grumpy....ok I won't miss that too much!  LOL  I will miss watching all 6 kids run outside to greet daddy/Bubby every day when they get home from work.  I will miss hanging out with my brother - exercising, watching our shows, talking, laughing and just being together.  I will miss the HUGE family dinners that we FINALLY got so good at it became like boot camp!  (Line up in the hall...Uncle Joe picks who comes in the kitchen.  When it's your turn go tell Aunt Sissy/mommy what you want on your plate ...good times!)  I will miss going in and tucking my niece and nephews to bed after their daddy did it and catching up with Jake ...he LOVED to talk to me at night when he was laying in bed.  I'll miss getting up in the middle of the night when Eli would cry and rocking him to sleep.  I'll miss hot tub time.  I'll miss being outside playing with the kids.  For some warped reason I will miss the ULTIMATE BROMANCE between Joe and my brother.  Ha Ha Ha!  I won't miss the bodily functions 24/7!  LOL  But I will miss the clean up sweep we would do.  We could clean this whole house in 10 minutes flat!  I'll miss seeing Jake get off the bus everyday.  I'll just miss us all being together.



I'LL GREATLY MISS SEEING THESE 4 PEOPLE EVERYDAY! 
They mean the world to me and it's very sad to be leaving them.  Although I know in the end it will be great for both families...it's still sad.  It's still not easy.  I can't even say how much I will miss them as I sit here with tears in my eyes.  I am so very grateful that Joe and I have been able to live here with Bubby and his kids for the last 9 months.  We made memories I will never, EVER forget.  We'll always be able to look back and think about the time we all lived together.  I am sure that years from now we will be laughing about it even more. It's been a great time.  Like all great things however, they must come to an end.  And although that is sad, the great news is that we all still have one another.  We will still see each other and hang out together.  I am so thankful for that. 

To my baby brother...my Bubby....
Thank you for sharing your home with me and my family for the last 9 months.  I am proud of you! I can't say that enough.  I have watched you grow and mature so much the last 9 months.  I hope that you can see how far you have come and what an accomplishment that is.  Remember to not sell yourself short....you are a great guy with lots to offer the world.  Remember to keep your faith especially during trying times.  If God has a plan that involved us moving out of your house...just think what great plan He must be working on in your life that you don't even see yet!  Never loose sight of HIM.

 It's hard to believe you were going through a divorce when we moved in.  You have transformed since those first months.  It's been amazing to witness.  I am gonna miss you and the kids so much!  I PROMISE to visit as much as you'll have us and I want you to do the same.  You are ALWAYS welcome at our home.  I know we have some moments but know that you are loved and that you are such a great part of my life.  I love you Bubby.  Always have ...Always will! 
I am happy you have found someone who loves you for who you TRULY are and that makes you smile and laugh.  It's been great to see your love for Wendy blossom.  She is a great compliment to you. I truly wish you both so much love and happiness.  Regardless of how it may appear, I respect her and like her very much.  I am sorry that it ever came out otherwise.  I am disappointed in myself that I let my frustrations and anger get the best of me and because of that it caused you both pain. I do love you both and hope that we can all put that behind us and move forward. I would really like a fresh start.  And again I apologize.  I love you both.

So....in 3 short days...my move will be complete.  It's hard to even think about it at times.  It will be a transition and adjustment for all of us.  But in the end....I know there are GREAT things in store for all of us!!! 

Here's to the last night months! 

Home for the last 9 months

Me and My Bubby
Me on a bad day!  bahahahahaha!

The bromancers - gotta love em

Elijah Thomas Sept 2011

Bubby at Butler Park Sept 2011

Jake and Aunt Sissy being silly

All the kiddos at Finchville Days Fall 2011

Bubby dancing with his baby girl @ Finchville Days

Bubby being crazy on the 4-wheeler

Hubers Oct 2011
Caden and Eli - Precious!

Fun in the hay @ Gallrein Farms Fall 2011

Kisses

Buddies forever

Kayleigh's bodyguards (fall 2011)

Aaron welcoming Jake home from Corbin - tears all around

Daddy's girl home from Corbin!!!

Bubby givng Tucker Bug some love

One of many hot tub times!

Nap time!

Bubby!

4-wheelin'

On the 4-wheeler with Bubby

Bubby and Andrew sharing a moment

Bubby and our cousin Sam

They are a hot mess!

Joe and Bubby in their scary costumes Halloween 2011

Bubby and Joe scaring people on Hillcrest Avenue Oct 2011

Thumbs up for Hillcrest Avenue Halloween Decorations!

Bubby got it all figured out for roasting marshmellows for 9 people! 

Backyard bonfire

Bubby and Me
Huber's 2011

The love of my life!

I dressed my brother in Edward Cullen attire for Breaking Dawn I - yes Joe and I shared our anniversary with him at the movies!  Told you they had a STRONG bromance!  LOL

On our 6 year anniversary

Bubby and Joe

On the roof hanging Christmas Lights....WOW!

They made me nervous!

How NOT to hang Christmas lights!  Anyone else reminded of Lampoons?  Just sayin'

Dad and Aaron putting lights on our tree

Decorating the tree for Christmas

Shelbyville Christmas Parade

Bubby waiting for the parade

Nana, Eli and Andrew on the deck

Aunt Sissy and Kayleigh staying up late

Uncle Joe tickling Kayleigh

Butterfly kisses

The "men" of the house

I Love My Bubby!

Momma's Boy!

Light Up Shelbyville

Wine in a mason jar - that's how we roll

Homemade sauce and meatballs - YUM!  One of our fav meals!

Wonder where they get it from?

Lunch at Cracker Barrel after church

Bubby and Caden at the Ruitan Christmas Party

Hangin' at Bev's house

Wild man!

Landon getting buzzed

Kayleigh and Tucker

At Bass Pro

Best of buds! 

At Bass Pro

Andrew and Kayleigh with me at Bass Pro

The Gang riding out the tornado warning at Grandad's house

SNOW!! FINALLY!

Going sledding

What to do AFTER sledding!

St Patrick's Day Party

St Patrick's Day Party

Another crazy pic!  LOL

What Tucker does best

Playin' at the park

Our fav show! 

Hiking and Joe had fallen - MUD BUTT!

Overwhelming?  Nah...not at all!  LOL

Doing his thing...whatever that is!  LOL

St Patrick's Day Party

His personation of everyone in the Highlands on St Patrick's Day  LOL

Finger Painting

First Soccer Practice

Jake and Hallie at soccer

Kiddos at the park

Eli stealing tea!  LOL

Jake at soccer

Joe coaching

Caden's block!  :-)

Eli and daddy

Purple People Eaters!

UK NCAA CHAMPS!  MAN DID WE PARTY!!!

Easter Bunny shades

Easter Egg hunt

Paw Paw helping search for eggs

They are always happy when they have candy

Easter Morning

Easter Morning

Eli has grown so much these past 9 months!

Bubby and Wendy all smiles

My Best Friend

The Happy Couple

Our cuz Taz

My beautiful niece

Me and Wendy on Easter

Opening Day of Turkey Season - Each got a turkey - high fiving!

Smiles after they each got a turkey

Our Fam minus me and mom

Joe, Dad and Bubby...I love them dearly

My baby's first turkey

Bubby and his turkey
Build and Grow @ Lowe's

Build and Grow @ Lowe's

Mommy and her boys

Andrew channeling Edward Cullen

Jake on the tractor

Sidewalk chalk

I love being an aunt

They wanna be like daddy!

Andrew and Kayleigh soaking up the sun

Nana with her cart full @ Lowe's

Her highness!  LOL


No comments:

Post a Comment